City Clerk, City Recorder, Court Clerk, License Clerk, License Specialist, Motor Vehicle Field Representative (MVFR), Motor Vehicle Licensing Clerk, Municipal Clerk, Permits Specialist, Town Clerk
Perform clerical duties for courts of law, municipalities, or governmental licensing agencies and bureaus. May prepare docket of cases to be called; secure information for judges and court; prepare draft agendas or bylaws for town or city council; answer official correspondence; keep fiscal records and accounts; issue licenses or permits; and record data, administer tests, or collect fees.
- Evaluate information on applications to verify completeness and accuracy and to determine whether applicants are qualified to obtain desired licenses.
- Perform administrative tasks, such as answering telephone calls, filing court documents, or maintaining office supplies or equipment.
- Verify the authenticity of documents, such as foreign identification or immigration documents.
- Record and edit the minutes of meetings and distribute to appropriate officials or staff members.
- Question applicants to obtain required information, such as name, address, or age, and record data on prescribed forms.
- Data base user interface and query software — Abilis CORIS Offender Management System; IBM Judicial Enforcement Management System JEMS; Microsoft Access Hot technology
- Electronic mail software — Email software; IBM Notes Hot technology; Microsoft Outlook Hot technology
- Office suite software — Corel WordPerfect Office Suite; Microsoft Office Hot technology
- Presentation software — Microsoft PowerPoint Hot technology
- Spreadsheet software — Microsoft Excel Hot technology; Spreadsheet applications